Re: make.exe stackdump from "make -j2" with current CVS source

On Tue, Sep 11, 2001 at 08:18:01PM -0400, Jonathan Kamens wrote:
>Oh, I forgot to mention.... Whatever the problem here is, I doubt it's
>new to 1.3.3, since we've seen occasional make.exe stackdumps before
>(I didn't report details about them because I didn't know how to debug
>them and because dumper.exe wasn't yet available to get crash dumps).
>So unless someone else thinks this is new to 1.3.3 and should be
>investigated further, it shouldn't hold up 1.3.3.

I don't know if it is new to 1.3.3 but it has been previously reported
and extensively discussed here in the last week.

It might be useful to set error_start_init to run gdb so that you can
actively debug the process when it dies.  This has also been discussed
here recently.