RE: found possible suspect for characters out of order bug

Uhmm, this is a new area of cygwin for me. And the code window with my
cursor at the right place is not available right now... (no net @home
still). I just followed my nose to get here :}.

I just went to webcvs and nosed around to find what I saw at home...
in

int
fhandler_console::read (void *pv, size_t buflen)

there is code that look like it handles being called as a signal
handler. I _think_ that this is what I was looking at.

The behaviour from a user point of view is that strings of a few
characters (I've seen up three and IIRC 4) in length get muddled. I'm
not sure if they get reversed or just muddled :[.

What I'm trying to figure out is whether the problem is in windows or
cygwin. Reentrancy or concurrency seems an easy explanation, but so
would windows not keeping order in queues of some sort..

Rob