Eliminate cygwin_getshared?

I was just perusing shared.cc and came across this ill-begotten
function.  It's cygwin's answer to eliminating
security-through-obscurity.

Is anyone aware of a use for this function?  I can't think of any
reason to export a pointer to cygwin's shared memory area.

Even though it will potentially break backward compatibility, I'd
like to eliminate it from the next release of cygwin.

Any comments?