RE: [RFA] A kinder, gentler check for /etc/{passwd,group} changes

I'd just like to say to you and Corinna - Woohoo! those timings look
nice.

> >> I think that Corinna mentioned that we have to have a
> cygwin that works
> >> without the daemon, actually:
> >
> >Oh. How up for discussion is that? Or does that mean "Current
> >functionality shall remain without the deamon, new stuff can
> be daemon
> >dependent".
>
> I think I would have a hard time selling the concept of the necessity
> to start a daemon if you want to run "make" on gcc.
>
> Cygwin has to be able to work like it does now without the daemon.  I
> think that is what Corinna was saying.

In other words we don't move anything that works today into the daemon,
without keeping a non-daemon option.

Hmm, lets see how that goes :]. I suspect we'll end up with a
frustatingly long list of "Gee it would be nice to x, but that currently
works without the daemon".

Rob