Re: cygwin slowdown in current cvs version -- need a volunteer

Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 08, 2001 at 01:43:59PM -0400, Norman Vine wrote:
>
>>Christopher Faylor writes:
>>
>>>The keyword here, though, is "automatic".  If you have to remember
>>>to do it, then that sounds like a big imposition.  IMO, It'll also be
>>>more likely to be reliable if you remove the human element as much
>>>as possible.
>>>
>>If I could figure out how to logon to the CVS server from a python script
>>ie give the password when requested by the pserver I can probably
>>just make this a 'cron' thingy.
>>

> AFAIK, you don't have to login again after first establishing a session.
> I never have to do this after I've first established an anonymous cvs
> setup.
>
> cgf

I can confirm that.  Once you have done $ cvs login once, the entry in
~/.cvspass  will supply the verification and you need not ever do login
again unless you do logout - which deletes the .cvspass entry.

--
David A. Cobb, Software Engineer, Public Access Advocate, All around
nice guy.