Re: Cygwin 1.3.3, dumper.exe, question

On Fri, Sep 07, 2001 at 10:58:53AM -0400, Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc) wrote:
>Nits.  You'll catch them I'm sure but...
>
>At 09:42 PM 9/6/2001, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>>I'm going to be including dumper.exe with the next version of cygwin.
>>I've been meaning to do this for a long time and I keep forgetting.
>>
>>I'm going to mention this in the release notes:
>>
>>- dumper.exe now comes with cygwin releases by default.  With dumper.exe
>>   you can actually have linux produce linux-style core dumps.  To use,
>
>                          ^^^^^^^
>                          cygwin
>

>>       set CYGWIN=error_start=c:/cygwin/bin/dumper.cmd
>>
>>   Then if you cygwin application enters into a state where a core dump
>
>            ^^^^
>            your
>
>>   would be produced under linux (e.g., SIGSEGV, SIGBUS, etc.) dumper.exe
>>   will be called to produce it.  You can then use gdb to inspect the
>
>                                                                      ^^^^
>                                                                    result
>

>>Does this seem correct?  I will include a dumper.cmd file which just
>>has this in it:

Thanks for finding the typos.  I wonder how many others I have in my whole
announcement.

(rustle, rustle)
Hmm.  I seem to have given myself credit for a few things that I didn't do.
I've fixed that.

If someone notices me doing this in the future PLEASE let me know.  I don't
want to claim that I was responsible for others good work.