Re: [Fwd: winsup/mingw libstdc++.a]

On Thu, Sep 06, 2001 at 07:51:55AM -0400, Earnie Boyd wrote:
>> I don't have the specific modules for cygwin/mingw/w32api checked in, though,
>> so I can send those or you can just roll your own.
>>
>go ahead and send me this.  What procedures for uploading the package
>are there?  (I know it's been answered before but since your responding
>anyway...).

Here are the packages.  The procedure uploading packages is via ssh.
Maybe someone here can provide some details.

The way I have things set up is that I have a directory called netrel.

The cygwin sources are in:

/netrel/src/cygwin-1.3.3-1

The attached modules are in:

/netrel/extra

You probably also need to create these empty directories:

/netrel/build
/netrel/uploads
/netrel/inst

The mknetrel script that you check out from sources.redhat.com should allow
you to then:

mknetrel cygwin
mknetrel mingw
mknetrel w32api

The cygwin step is necessary since this actually builds the mingw/w32api
stuff.  The other steps just package up what is in the cygwin build
directory, install it under /netrel/inst and package it up into tar
files in the /netrel/uploads directory.

The files in /netrel/extra are special case settings for building the appropriate
package.

I should mention that I do all of this on linux.  I have no idea if this
works under Cygwin or not.  If you do it on linux, you'll need to use a
cross-compiler, obviously.  I just build the cygwin version of gcc for
linux.  That means that I should be relatively safe.

cgf
mkdummy() {
    for f in $*; do
        rm -rf $build/i686-pc-cygwin/$f
        mkdir -p $build/i686-pc-cygwin/$f
        echo 'clean all install configure install-info:;@/bin/true' > $build/i686-pc-cygwin/$f/Makefile
        touch $build/i686-pc-cygwin/$f/config.status
        chmod a+x $build/i686-pc-cygwin/$f/config.status
    done
}

postconfig() {
    mkdummy libio libstdc++
}

prepackage() {
    rm -f $inst/usr/bin/setup.exe
    rm -f $inst/usr/include/unctrl.h
    cd $inst/usr/lib || exit 1
    ln -sf libcygwin.a libc.a
    ln -sf libcygwin.a libm.a
    ln -sf libcygwin.a libg.a
}

prebuild() {
    EXTRAINSTALLARGS='"INSTALL_SUBDIRS=install_cygwin install_utils install_doc"'
    opt='-O2 -g -fnative-struct'
}
. $extra/cygwin

prebuild() {
    EXTRAINSTALLARGS="INSTALL_SUBDIRS=install_$what"
}

prepackage() {
    cd $inst/usr/include || exit 1
    [ -d mingw32 ] && ln -sf mingw32 mingw