Re: Figured out how to reproduce vfork/rsync bug!

>  Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2001 20:39:47 +0200
>  From: Corinna Vinschen <vinschen@redhat.com>
>
>  Nothing special. It just said BOOOOM!

Ah.  Did I forget to mention that sometimes this bug kills *all* your
cygwin processes, not just the processes that fail.  Sorry about that
:-).

I can't tell you how pleased I am to hear that you've managed to
duplicate the problem.  Now I don't feel so lonely anymore.

Incidentally, I've managed to isolate it to something that was checked
in between July 16 and July 17 (i.e., between "cvs update -D7/16/2001"
and "cvs update -D7/17/2001"; I'm not sure whether that uses midnight
local time, time on the CVS server or GMT).  I'll let you know as I
find out more.

>  I still have to examine the stackdump...

You mean it's actually possible to derive useful information from
those stackdumps?  I've not been able to find anybody here who knows
how to do that.  Do tell.

  jik