Re: Figured out how to reproduce vfork/rsync bug!

Earlier, I wrote:

>  In particular, if you put this script into a file and run it:
>
>    #!/bin/sh
>
>    export 'INCLUDE=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'
>    rsync /tmp/foo/ /tmp/bar/
>
>  You'll get the Cygwin failure I've previously reported,

I've subsequently discovered that that's wrong.  The INCLUDE variable
needs to be in your bash environment *before* ash spawns, or the bug
doesn't happen.

So put this in var.sh:

  export 'INCLUDE=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'

Then put this in test.sh:

  #!/bin/sh

  mkdir -p /tmp/foo /tmp/bar
  rsync /tmp/foo/ /tmp/bar/

Then run in a bash window:

  . var.sh
  ./test.sh

Corinna, could you try this and see what it does?

  jik