Re: I know CVS is hosed

On Thu, Sep 06, 2001 at 11:38:43AM -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> While attempting to cut down on the size of the 1.3.3 DLL, I uncovered a few
> problems with cygheap.  I couldn't track them down before I went to bed.
>
> The symptom is that applications die in cfree.  The problem manifests quickly
> in a process which execs a process which execs a process.
>
> I haven't seen the problem that Egor reported with free but it probably is not
> related to the cygheap problem.  It probably is somehow related to the new
> code in sigproc which allocates the zombie array dynamically.

No, as far as I could track that down so far it's actually related
to moving buckets from being a static global array to being a member
of struct init_cygheap.

I checked everything else.  These sort of crashes which not only
occur in free() but also sometimes in other functions can exactly
switched on or off by putting buckets into cygheap or back to be
a static global array.

There's one problem left:  I don't understand _why_ that happens.

Red Hat, Inc.