Re: [Fwd: winsup/mingw libstdc++.a]

Christopher Faylor wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 05, 2001 at 09:24:57PM -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> >I guess my original reason for not just doing this was because I didn't
> >want to step on anyone's toes and it seems like I must have done that
> >here.
>
> And, I meant to add that I apologize for doing that.  It was completely
> unintentional.

Apology accepted and not even needed.  I knew that you were trying to do
good.  It just didn't fit with how I've been managing the two package
sites.

> Letting someone else handle the mingw release makes
> perfect sense.  I should have done it back when Earnie and I first
> discussed it.  I am not sure why I didn't.  I can't even claim tuit
> problems in this case.  How much effort does it take to relinquish the
> reins?

<;^)

> Let me know if you want my scripts for creating a release.  I have a version
> checked in here:
>
> cvs -d:ext:sources.redhat.com:/cvs/cygwin-apps co mknetrel

I'll check this out but

> I don't have the specific modules for cygwin/mingw/w32api checked in, though,
> so I can send those or you can just roll your own.

go ahead and send me this.  What procedures for uploading the package
are there?  (I know it's been answered before but since your responding
anyway...).

> cgf
>
> >So, I'm relieved to pass this on to you.  I really do think that it is
> >important that the -mno-cygwin/libstdc++ issue is resolved ASAP, though.

No doubt.  As for the -mno-cygwin/libstdc++ issues, I'll see if Danny
can add something to his GCC sandbox to put together a package for
Cygwin.

Earnie.

P.S.:  Did you mean to revert the add of the binary files?  I didn't see
the removal come through the CVS list and the revert of the Makefile.in
sounded as if you meant to do that.