Re: [Fwd: winsup/mingw libstdc++.a]

On Wed, Sep 05, 2001 at 08:25:15PM -0400, Earnie Boyd wrote:
>Christopher Faylor wrote:
>> I thought that this would be a good time to do this since I'm close to
>> making a new release of cygwin and I usually release a new version of
>> mingw at that time.
>
>I know you do.  However, it will become the Cygwin version of MinGW.

Ok, Earnie, I withdraw all of my efforts.  I've wiped out the directory
in the mingw repository.

If you recall, you promised to get me a mingw libstdc++.a back in November
of 2000.  Back then, we discussed the fact that I didn't want to go through
the effort of a complete build for this and you mentioned that you were
going to give me something to release.

However, at that time, we also discussed that I should just let you do
the releases.  I agree that you should take over the release of w32api
and mingw.  I won't mention it in my next cygwin release.

Please *do* however release at least w32api ASAP.  And, also, *please*
resolve this mingw g++ issue.  -mno-cygwin is getting a bad rap just
because I've been waiting for ten months for someone to provide me with
a workable libstdc++.a.  I guess my original reason for not just doing
this was because I didn't want to step on anyone's toes and it seems like
I must have done that here.

So, I'm relieved to pass this on to you.  I really do think that it is
important that the -mno-cygwin/libstdc++ issue is resolved ASAP, though.