Re: jik, cwilson, earnie -- show stoppers

Christopher Faylor wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 05, 2001 at 04:55:12PM -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>
>>You guys have all identified show-stopper problems that I can't duplicate.
>>
>>Do you have any further feedback?  I know that Chuck is working on his problem
>>but I haven't seen anything from Jonathan since his intial response to my
>>month-old email message about rsync/vfork.
>>
>>If Earnie could send his cygcheck output from the machine where he was having
>>his problem and an exact sequence of commands to duplicate the problem, I will
>>try to duplicate it too.
>>

> I forgot to mention that Chuck's problem may be fixed by Egor's patch.
>
> Nice catch, Egor!
>
> I'm waiting to see if Corinna agrees with this, though.

I'm at a total loss, Chris. I can no longer reproduce "my" error -- EVEN
when using the SAME cygwin1.dll that crashed before, using the same
sequence of events that previously *always* triggered a crash (at some
random point during the build).  Does that mean the bug is fixed, in the
absence of any patches?  Of course not.  But I can't help debug it
anymore, because I have nothing to debug!

Now, fortunately for all of us, Egor (somehow) seems to have reproduced
"my" problem on his machine, and supplied a patch that seems to fix it.
  On his machine.  If the bug he is seeing is the same as the one I used
to see, but don't see any longer.  I dunno if Egor's patch fixes *my*
bug on *my* machine, since my machine magically fixed itself.  Without
changing anything.

Bleah.  (I'm a bit frustrated.  Can you tell?)

I'm willing to do what I can to help with this -- but how CAN I?  The
bug dissappeared!  (Seriously, I'm open to suggestions....)

--Chuck