Re: 1.3.3 Heads Up: ^Z interupt

Christopher Faylor wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 04, 2001 at 06:20:41PM -0400, Earnie Boyd wrote:
> >Using the default notty setting, Ctrl-Z to interrupt the foreground
> >process then issuing the `bg' command to continue the processing in the
> >background doesn't work.  Example:
> >  make >& makecygwin.log
> >  ^Z
> >  bg
> >  tail -f makecygwin.log
> >
> >You will notice that nothing is being output to makecygwin.log and the
> >CPU is 100% used by the make processes.  The make processes id's don't
> >change with time giving the indication that they aren't working.  I'll
> >debug further but I wanted to give detail on this problem before
> >release.
>
> And, the reason for this is...?
>
> Maybe I should change the name for this list to 'cygwin-heads-up'.

So that you might decide to release 1.3.3 with a known problem!!  I
really don't care if you do.  I really don't care that it's a problem.
I really don't have time to debug this but I thought I might give it a
shot.  I thought it might be nice for developers who answer the
questions on the mailing list to already know that it's a problem.  Go
ahead and change the name to cygwin-heads-up, for all that matter change
it to cygwin-i-dont-care.

Earnie.