Re: 1.3.3 Heads Up: ^Z interupt

On Tue, Sep 04, 2001 at 07:23:37PM -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>On Tue, Sep 04, 2001 at 06:20:41PM -0400, Earnie Boyd wrote:
>>Using the default notty setting, Ctrl-Z to interrupt the foreground
>>process then issuing the `bg' command to continue the processing in the
>>background doesn't work.  Example:
>>  make >& makecygwin.log
>>  ^Z
>>  bg
>>  tail -f makecygwin.log
>>
>>You will notice that nothing is being output to makecygwin.log and the
>>CPU is 100% used by the make processes.  The make processes id's don't
>>change with time giving the indication that they aren't working.  I'll
>>debug further but I wanted to give detail on this problem before
>>release.
>
>And, the reason for this is...?
>
>Maybe I should change the name for this list to 'cygwin-heads-up'.

Just to clarify:  This is a show stopper.  It is now one of three
show stoppers.

I can't duplicate it and I don't expect that I will be able to.

I don't know how it would even be possible to suspend a process in
CYGWIN=notty state.  That should only be possible in a read from the
terminal which make obviously isn't doing.

So, I'm relying on three people now to fix their show stoppers.