Re: cygwin 1.3.3 announcment -- extra words solicited

Christopher Faylor wrote:

> Yes, I've built a cygwin1.dll without error but I don't think I've
> bootstrapped it in the manner that you are describing.  I rarely check
> out anything via 'cvs checkout'.  I just use 'cvs update' to freshen
> my tree.

The key here is not how the local source tree was 'upped' to the latest
version.  I only did a complete checkout b/c I got the error with 'cvs
up' as well.  I hypothesized that the problem was due to my wacky guinea
pig status w.r.t. inherited directory permissions -- "*Leaving
directory* foobaz" ==> signal 11 -- so I wiped out my local source tree
and recreated it from scratch via "cvs checkout".  This insured that all
directories within my source tree had "good" permissions and whatnot.

But that was wrong.

Because after doing the complete checkout, I still saw the error.

> I did a reconfigure and a 'make clean all' without error.

*while using a development kernel as your active cgywin1.dll* ?  Or just
the released 1.3.2 kernel?

--Chuck