signals and fhandlers

I've finished the fifo support logic and code. (based on test results
from openBSD for the expected behaviour).

I need to _guarantee_ that the close() routine for the fhandler will get
called even if the process terminates due to a signal.

Is that automatically taken care of once I put the code in cygwin1.dll
rather than as an external test program?

Rob