Re: Error 1 and error 2 compiling winsup

--- Brian Keener <bkeener@thesoftwaresource.com> wrote:
> David Starks-Browning wrote:
> > "Programming Questions".  Let me know if that entry needs work, as I
> > haven't attempted to build Cygwin myself.
>
> Actually it looks pretty clear and even mentions that the documentation
> won't build without Texi2html and docbook-tools and then shows where to
> get them.
>
> One part might be a little unclear (at least for me) is the configure
> line:
>
> /src/configure --prefix=/install -v > configure.log 2>&1

If this is what the documentation says then it is incorrect.  It should read
something similar to what Corinna gives in
http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2000-11/msg00928.html.

To make installation you would then do `make install prefix=/install/usr
sysconfdir=/install/etc libexecdir=/install/usr/sbin' and maybe need to add
`localstatedir=/install/var'.

Comments?

Cheers,

=====