Re: sample setup "version chooser"

On Thu, Jul 27, 2000 at 07:25:40PM +0400, Egor Duda wrote:
>   i've   always   believed  that  power users can easily download all
>needed  files    and    untargz    them.  only  thing  that power-user
>(with  fresh  windows   installed)  needs  is    internet   connection
>and    win32  self-extractor   containing   cygwin1.dll,   mount.exe,
>gzip.exe,  tar.exe  and  bzip2.exe. oh, and sh.exe, perhaps. like
>current latest/bootstrap.zip

I don't think that being a power users necessarily means that you don't
use the easy way out if one is available.

In fact, over the years, I've actually had to make the concession that
it usually makes sense to use whatever defaults a software producer has
set up.  That's what they are likely to have tested themselves.  So,
I'm much less likely to click on "customize settings" these days.

Maybe that doesn't make me a power user as much as a world weary user.