Re[2]: sample setup "version chooser"

Hi!

Thursday, 27 July, 2000 Corinna Vinschen vinschen@cygnus.com wrote:

CV> Chris Faylor wrote:
>> I actually can't believe that I'm arguing for this.  I hate the "Are you
>> sure?" messages that gets in my way when I'm trying to do stuff.  I'm
>> trying to think lowest common denominator, though.

CV> What about a command line option to setup for power users
CV> doing an install of the brute force style? Suggestion:

CV> --i-always-know-what-i-am-doing-yes-really-always-exclamation-mark

:)

   i've   always   believed  that  power users can easily download all
needed  files    and    untargz    them.  only  thing  that power-user
(with  fresh  windows   installed)  needs  is    internet   connection
and    win32  self-extractor   containing   cygwin1.dll,   mount.exe,
gzip.exe,  tar.exe  and  bzip2.exe. oh, and sh.exe, perhaps. like
current latest/bootstrap.zip

   i  was  doing this procedure yesterday myself -- had a bare windows
and strongly needed ssh client :)