Re: time to unleash the new setup?

> Message box that said "parse error"

The error reporting from the setup.ini parser needs lots of work :-(

> 2) when it got to groff setup gave me a byte count error and then
> gracefully skipped groff and went on to the next file.  I manually
> downloaded groff without a problem via ftp before going on to the next
> step so not sure why setup burped on it.

That means that setup.ini doesn't match the .tar.gz file in the ftp
site.  In theory, that shouldn't happen.  Note that setup knows what
it downloaded, and what it installed, so you should have been able to
just re-run setup and it should have just installed the missing groff.

> Not sure what to look for since this is a Win95 machine as far as
> the logic you added for passwd, groups, the setup shells, etc.

If you double-click the new cygwin icon on the desktop and you get a
working bash shell, I guess it's working.  We don't try to create
/etc/passwd and /etc/group on Win9x because we don't know what to put
in them.