Re: Minor mount problem

Chris Faylor wrote:

> c:\>mount
> f:\cygwin           /                   user         binmode
>
> c:\>mount  -b c:\cygwin /
> mount: warning -- couldn't determine mount type.
>
> c:\>mount
> d:\cygwin           /                   user         binmode
>
> There are two problems here.  The warning and the fact that the
> root partition could be redone without a '-f'.

Tried that, too. Stepped thru with gdb. I can't reproduce
that. I'm getting the correct message

	"Device or resource busy."

You only can get that message if mount types differ, for example
the existing entry is `user', the requested one is `system'.

In that case it's correct to allow the mount without -f.
Only the message is wrong. I've fixed that. The new message in
that case is:

mount: warning -- there's already a XXX mount point to '<path>'.
       (user mount points cover system mount points!)

with XXX one of "system", "user".

Corinna Vinschen
Cygwin Developer
Cygnus Solutions, a Red Hat company