Re: new setup.exe in cvs!

On Tue, 11 Jul 2000 14:05:10 -0400, you wrote:

>> I'm thinking that in the dialog where you specify the root mount,
>> there should be a "system/user" option, which controls mount points,
>> start menus, etc.  Obviously, greyed out if the user isn't privileged.
>
>I've done the first step of this.  The option is there, but I don't
>try to predetermine if the user has the needed rights to allow
>system-wide install, so I don't ever disable it.  I do try to move the
>start menu entry etc to the all-users section when the user selects
>system mounts, too.
>
>http://sourceware.cygnus.com/cygwin/dj-setup.exe

Just downloaded it, started it, ......   .......  .......  no option
for sys/user mounts in the version I downloaded...

Sniff....

Although I saw your changes to profile

Some hints:

I was involved in a thread in cygwin today where a user has a problem
with his bash-prompt going crazy because of ESC-codes in the prompt.
If the commandline gets too full then bash (or readline) seems to get
confused because it wrongly calculates the length of the commandline.

Another user also sent a fix, i will forward his mail to you.

Also you did not modify cygwin.bat. the path still gets set there so
now /bin and /usr/bin show up twice.

If you remove the PATH command from cygwin.bat then it is save to
start bash in a cmd window as often as the user wishes.

If you keep the PATH in cygwin.bat the the following sequence:

cmd

cygwin.bat

^D

cygwin.bat
^D

will slowly but surely fill your environment with an growing path,

You should also think about the idea to mode profile cygwin.cmd etc.
to a tar file for better & easier supportability.

Ciao,

Michael