Re: setup: icons, shortcuts, and batch files

On Tue, 11 Jul 2000 10:03:57 -0400, you wrote:

>I didn't think of /etc/profile; that would make a lot of things easier
>to do!

I am more than willing to provide a tar.gz file with some nice
defaults for system startup as a starting point. I think not too much
should be glued into setup.exe than can be provided in other ways.

example:

creation of /tmp or /var/run/utmp is something that fits nicely into a
tar.gz file; also providing cygwin.bat is a case for that tar.gz file.

Setting the icon in explorer is another case; with this we will have
to wait for rpm and installation scripts, but I am very close on
releasing that, now that I have had a look at rpm-4.0. I will provide
some of the rpm-4.0 functionality in 3.0.4 , that will make it easy to
upgrade to 4.0 once that gets final.

Cheers,

Michael