Re: CTRL-U broken by OemToCharBuff?

>>> On Mon, 10 Jul 2000 17:47:48 -0400
>>> Chris Faylor <cgf@cygnus.com> said:

> I actually noticed this on both NT4 SP6a and W2K.  I didn't try it
> on Windows 98 or 95.

This problem may be triggered by a bug in the locale data
for English.

> I sort of like using UNICODE because I think it should work
> around the problem of somebody setting their code page to something
> besides the OEM code page using 'mode con: cp'.

No, CP_ACP is treated as the code page installed as the system
default. If we consider somebody sets another code page than the
default to their console, we have to work more.

> The OemToAnsiBuff assumes that the code page is 437 which isn't
> necessarily the case.  Isn't that correct?

Yes, it is correct in the English locale.
____
  | AIST      Kazuhiro Fujieda <fujieda@jaist.ac.jp>
  | HOKURIKU  School of Information Science
o_/ 1990      Japan Advanced Institute of Science and Technology