Re: CTRL-U broken by OemToCharBuff?

>>> On Sun, 9 Jul 2000 23:00:34 -0400
>>> Chris Faylor <cgf@cygnus.com> said:

> The patch below seems to perform the same function as Kazuhiro's
> original, at the expense of slightly more code.  For some reason,
> WideCharToMultiByte does not screw up CTRL-U.

I believe ReadConsoleInputW isn't supported on Win9x.

> I'm not entirely certain why we're converting to ansi, though?  Why not
> just use the OEM code page and avoid this conversion?

The OEM code page isn't useless for people using languages other
than English. The OEM code page is considerably different from
the character set usually used for encoding strings in both
Windows and UNIX.
____
  | AIST      Kazuhiro Fujieda <fujieda@jaist.ac.jp>
  | HOKURIKU  School of Information Science
o_/ 1990      Japan Advanced Institute of Science and Technology