Fixed "newer binary won't work with older DLL problem" -- please try this

I was losing some sleep thinking about the mailing list traffic that could
have been generated by my recent changes to cygwin which stopped newly linked
binaries from running with older DLLs.  So, I reorganized the startup code
a little.

The startup code is slightly larger and slightly slower but it should work
correctly with older DLLs.

As usualy, I'm not 100% certain that I got the part right that deals with
other cygwin compiled DLLs.

Hopefully, someone will let me know if I did or not.

So, please try this new DLL.

We're approaching 1.1.3 release.  This is, I hope the final hurdle.