Re: hybrid text/binary mount

Chris Faylor <cgf@cygnus.com> writes:

> So, we'll be no worse off with raw PBM files than we are right now.
> This is obviously not 100% foolproof.  That may be a reason not
> to even consider it because it will make problems a lot harder
> to track down.

That was the caveat I was pointing out as well -- better the devil
you ... At least we can now control the behaviour in two predictable
ways -- mount and explicit binary/text mode I/O.

Jeffrey Juliano brought up the issue of Emacs' handling of text vs
binary. I think it's apples and oranges since text editors misreading
text vs binary is immediately evident to the user, but not so to
a say a program that converts one format to the other in a batch
mode.

Regards,
Mumit