installer concerns

Hi Ron,
I've been working on getting your installer operational with mingw in
a "GNU" environment with configure, gcc, etc. and everything seems to
be working fine with one exception.

I noticed the following in the setupres.rc file:

cygwin1.dll           FILE    DISCARDABLE     "cygwin1.dll.gz"
tar.exe               FILE    DISCARDABLE     "tar.exe.gz"
gzip.exe              FILE    DISCARDABLE     "gzip.exe.gz"
cygpath.exe           FILE    DISCARDABLE     "cygpath.exe.gz"
mount.exe             FILE    DISCARDABLE     "mount.exe.gz"

I don't think that it is a good idea to build the cygwin DLL (and maybe
the other .exe's as well) into the setup program.  If necessary, we can
keep these unbundled in a directory on sourceware.  Otherwise, I think
we'll run into version conflicts.

Hmm.  It's possible that this might happen anyway, I guess, but I'd
rather not be putting a potentially older version of these binaries
on a user's system if we can help it.

Can you explain what is happening with these files?  Maybe this is a
non-issue, but I wanted to make sure.

Also, FYI, I've checked in all of the additional bits required to get
this building in the mingw environment, although I'm sure I probably
missed something somewhere.

And, as I mentioned, I had to reformat your files since there were a
lot of inexplicable ^M's sprinkled throughout the sources which really
made things hard to read.  I used the linux "indent" format so the
new format is "GNU" format.  If this is objectional, please feel free
to overwrite everything as long as the files don't contain \r's.

My personal preference would be for GNU format just in the name of
consistency but, it's not that big a deal.