Re: Alternate symlink usage

On Sat, Mar 11, 2000 at 08:42:33PM +0100, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>Chris Faylor wrote:
>>Is it possible that we could use the NTSEC stuff to store information
>>about whether a file is a symbolic link?  I talked to Jeremy Allison at
>>Linux Expo and he said that he was doing lots of stuff with security
>>type information for samba so if we could do this we might be able to
>>have symbolic links on UNIX network drives.
>>
>>Is this possible?
>
>I deny giving evidence.  My first fast answer would be "no" but I'm not
>sure.  Would Jeremy talk with me about that problem?  Do you have his
>email address?

I didn't mention using NTSEC like this because it didn't occur to me.
I was thinking that we could somehow give a file a "symbolic link ACL"
or something.

However, I did mention that you had been doing work using ACLs and he
mentioned that we should coordinate effort.  I completely forgot about
this until you mentioned this.

His email address (or one of them anyway) is jra@samba.org.

As you may, or may not know, Jeremy was one of the original authors of
cygwin so he is somewhat familiar with it.