Re: 'cygwin-net-485' snapshot win32 headers problem

Chris Faylor <cgf@cygnus.com> writes:

> Thanks very much for looking into this.  Also, for the record, a failure
> of gcc in the cygwin net release to perform any kind of cross compilation
> should not be considered a show-stopper for the net release.
>
> I don't want to give the cygwin release any more dependencies than it
> already has.
>
> That is not to say that we should not try our best to fix problems that
> we've discovered, if we can.

That's the goal -- point out the problems, and hopefully the person having
problem will submit a bug report, perhaps with a fix, to gcc maintainers
for that particular (non-x86-win32) port.

The compiler and binutils code is frozen unless we uncover crippling bugs
in pe-coff support.

Regards,
Mumit