Re: ntsec-patch16 (and some other)

Chris Faylor wrote:
> [...]
> On Sat, Jan 08, 2000 at 09:19:41PM +0100, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> >That's curious, because on the other hand a `make' in the winsup dir
> >want to `make all' in mingw/profile which then failes because there's
> >no Makefile...
>
> Are you sure?  I don't see how the winsup Makefile could possibly
> be doing anything in mingw/profile.  Do you actually see the string
> "mingw/profile" in winsup/Makefile?  The only place I would expect
> to see this is in winsup/mingw/Makefile.

No, my fault, I haven't described it clearly. In mingw/Makefile and
also in mingw/Makefile.in is the line

	SUBDIRS:=profile

and from here the rule `subdirs' seem to call the `make all' in
the profile dir that failes. AFAICS the problem is that the failing
make in the profiles subdir forces the end of the complete hirarchical
make process. Maybe it's enough to ignore the result code?!?

> >In the previous snapshots the compiler got the flag
> >`-D__INSIDE_CYGWIN__' as well. This is not the case
> >in the latest snapshot.
>
> Well, then, that is the problem to fix.  I have done so in our sources.

That's the other way to solve it ;-)
Nevertheless, IMHO it would be better to make it bullet proof in the
sources...