Re: Good suggestion from the Net...

On Sat, Dec 04, 1999 at 07:05:59PM -0600, Mumit Khan wrote:
>Geoffrey Noer <noer@cygnus.com> writes:
>> The following idea someone on the Net sent me sounds like a good idea
>> to me.  (Removing attribution since it was sent to me personally).
>>
>> -gjn
>>
>> ----- Forwarded message from "Joseph M. Hinkle" <user@spam.com> -----
>>
>> Date: Sat, 27 Nov 1999 21:18:27 -0800
>> Subject: Cygwin
>>
>> Thanks for the most useful packages of Cygwin.
>>
>> May I offer a small suggestion? Include version information in the build
>> of Cygwin.dll so Windows can show it in Properties
>
>I've had something like that in my tree for a while, but I'll need to
>clean it up and generate a script ala mkvers.sh to create this everytime
>you build instead of static version/file numbers etc.

I'm confused.  How does this differ from mkvers.sh?  What kind of
version information is being looked for that is not already in
cygwin1.dll?  Are you talking about adding something in the version
fields of the DLL itself?

FWIW, the command "grep '%% ' cygwin1.dll" should display all sorts of
interesting stuff.  Adding this to cygcheck is one of those round tuit
type of things.