Re: POSIX and uid_t resp. gid_t

--- Corinna Vinschen <corinna@vinschen.de> wrote:
> Chris Faylor wrote:
> > [...]
> > I know that some Unixes have implemented access control lists.
> > If you want a model to follow that might be the way to go.
> > I know that Digital UNIX implements this, for instance.
> >
> > -chris
>
> I don't have access to implementation details of Digital UNIX.
> Is their solution POSIX compliant? How can I get infos?
>
> I fear, the only way is, to have a translation table between
> NT SIDs and Cygwin [UG]IDs. Ok, this would have the
> advantage to allow Cygwin UID 0 for user `Administrator' and
> other mess. The translation could be placed in the /etc/passwd
> and /etc/group files which I'd like to eliminate originally.
>
> Hmmm... on the other hand, this wouldn't be compatible to the
> current solution and it would be harder to maintain.
>
> Any comments?

Just thinking outloud, what about using the text Ids for the translation table
since it will be a part of the passwd and group files?
===
Earnie Boyd <mailto:earnie_boyd@yahoo.com>

Newbies, please visit
<http://www.freeyellow.com/members5/gw32/index.html>

(If you respond to the list, then please don't cc me)