This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: POSIX and uid_t resp. gid_t
- To: Joerg Schilling <schilling AT fokus.gmd.de>
- Subject: Re: POSIX and uid_t resp. gid_t
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna AT vinschen.de>
- Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 01:49:33 +0200
- CC: cygwin-developers AT sourceware.cygnus dot com
- References: <199909132129.XAA25648@fokus.gmd.de>
Joerg Schilling wrote:
> Solaris implements ACL's for some years too.
> To get information see docs.sun.com
Thanks for the info Jörg.
Unfortunately I didn't find the related doc on the above page.
In the digital implementation I have found, that the ACLs on
UX derivates seem not to be what I've searched for.
The real problem is the existence of the NT SID, which isn't
transparently reducable to an UX UID or GID. If we find a method,
the problem would be solved.