Re: POSIX and uid_t resp. gid_t

Chris Faylor wrote:
> [...]
> I know that some Unixes have implemented access control lists.
> If you want a model to follow that might be the way to go.
> I know that Digital UNIX implements this, for instance.
>
> -chris

I don't have access to implementation details of Digital UNIX.
Is their solution POSIX compliant? How can I get infos?

I fear, the only way is, to have a translation table between
NT SIDs and Cygwin [UG]IDs. Ok, this would have the
advantage to allow Cygwin UID 0 for user `Administrator' and
other mess. The translation could be placed in the /etc/passwd
and /etc/group files which I'd like to eliminate originally.

Hmmm... on the other hand, this wouldn't be compatible to the
current solution and it would be harder to maintain.

Any comments?