Re: 19990705 snapshot

Chris Faylor wrote:
> >> [...]
> >Why should the shell (the parent process of strace!) should have
> >any influence in that???
>
> I don't know.  Have you tried debugging strace?  Also, have you tried
> the patch that I posted?
>
> cgf

I have figured out, that the problem is the argument handling.
The executables in my path don't have .exe suffix. This works fine
in cygwin and especially with tcsh. The strace app unfortunately uses
the `CreateProcess' call without naming the application as the first
parameter but only together with it's arguments as one commandline as
second parameter. So the searching for the application is done by
windows itself. In the strace code, there's a line 172:

	/* cygwin32_conv_to_win32_path (exec_file, real_path);*/

that shows, that you wanted to let the executable path handled
by cygwin, which should be the correct way, IMHO.