Changes to signal handling in tonight's snapshot

Recent changes to gcc have caused cygwin's method of invoking some asm
code in exceptions.cc whiched called a signal handler to be optimized
away.  I had worked around this in a kludgey fashion but now I've
rewritten things in a way that should not break if compilation becomes
more aggressive in the future.

What does this mean?  It means that signals are handled in a different
way in tonight's snapshot and that no one will notice anything
whatsoever.  If I'm lucky.

Either that or you'll be seeing "core dumps" every time a process reacts
to a signal which has a handler associated with it.  If I'm unlucky.

Please be on the lookout for these kind of problems.  They shouldn't be
hard to notice.  If you can provide a simple test case that illustrates
a break I'll be very grateful.

-chris