Re: [fortinj@ibm.net: New snapshots]

On Sat, Apr 24, 1999 at 08:08:51PM -0500, Mumit Khan wrote:
>DJ Delorie <dj@delorie.com> writes:
>> It's because of a recent egcs change that aligns the stack to 8-byte
>> boundaries, even stdcall functions that *must* pop 12 bytes from the
>> stack (i.e. the dll entry function).  I've complained to our internal
>> gcc group, but no response yet.
>>
>> Chris - you have a patch for this.  Could you check it in with a
>> suitable comment, or forward it to me and I'll check it in?
>>

>Could you please forward the patch to me as well? This is a side effect
>of the recent stack alignment patch John Wehle.

I don't have a patch.  I'm not sure why DJ thinks I have one.

The assembly output for stdcall functions is "interesting" now.  A
caller of a stdcall function apparently knows that the stdcall function
might pop too many things off the stack and fixes things up
appropriately.  That's interesting but it certainly isn't the correct
semantics for stdcall.

cgf