Re: Patch, Version 2: UNIX-like permissions on objects

On Fri, Mar 12, 1999, Corinna Vinschen wrote:

> How would you like to get the information about the users
> default shell???

Consider shadow passwd files on Unix.  The actual passwords are
stored elsewhere; this is a little like what we're already doing
with Cygwin in that the passwds are kept in the Windows OS.
We can continue to use a physical /etc/passwd as an optional file to
keep home directories and shells but have Cygwin handle the rest?
If a user doesn't have an /etc/passwd entry, then slash would be
their home and bash would be their default shell.

Opinions?

--
Geoffrey Noer		Email: noer@cygnus.com
Cygnus Solutions