Re: setup libsolv UI: Silently install dependencies?

On 12/24/2017 6:23 PM, Ken Brown wrote:
Currently the libsolv version of setup silently installs added dependencies.  The user gets a chance to review them first only if libsolv finds problems and has to display the prerequisite page.

I'm not sure if this was a deliberate design decision, though I personally like it.  On the other hand, I suspect that some users won't like it because they're used to seeing a report about missing dependencies.  So I think we should make this behavior optional.

The attached patch is a start in that direction.  But it needs a followup patch to implement the mechanism for selecting the option.  One possibility is a checkbox on the chooser page, which then gets saved in setup.rc as a user option.

And here's a followup patch that implements that possibility.

[Side comment: Jon, in v2 of commit 9367283, you removed some newlines, saying that they weren't needed because wrapping would be done. But I'm not seeing that wrapping; I have to scroll horizontally to see the whole text.]

Ken