Re: [ITP] moreutils 0.61

On Wednesday 15 November 2017 at 07:31 pm +0100, Achim Gratz wrote:
> Adam Dinwoodie writes:
> > I'm looking to package moreutils, a collection of small Linux utilities.
> > It is already included in Debian and Ubuntu (amongst others), and is
> > released under GPLv2.
>
> This looks like a really mixed bag… Is there some more documentation
> somewhere on the web?

The only online documentation I'm aware of is on the homepage I linked
to, plus a bunch of folk espousing the benefits of the package.

I guess you could also look at the man pages, either in the packages I
uploaded, or the uncompiled source for them at
https://git.joeyh.name/index.cgi/moreutils.git/tree/.

> >> -   parallel: run multiple jobs at once
>
> I'd be hesitatnt to package that since it directly clashes with GNU
> parallel (not available on Cygwin yet).

Hmm.  I wasn't aware of GNU parallel, and I'm not sure how that sort of
problem is generally handled.  Possibly that could be broken out into a
separate package to make it easier for folk to install one or the other?
I considered and decided against breaking the entire lot into separate
packages, but this is perhaps a good argument for at least separating
that.