Re: [RFC] Minimal Debuginfo by default

On 15/11/17 07:38, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
The following concept would allow for sensible backtraces without
installing a -debuginfo, at the expense of a moderate size increase of
binaries (particularly with C++ code):

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/MingwMiniDebugInfo

Did you mean https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/MiniDebugInfo Presumably you intend this for Cygwin binaries.

The patch for cygport would be minimal.  Is it worth the size increase?

The benefit to Fedora is obvious, in that it would increase the quality of the automated bug reports. Do we have an equivalent in Cygwin (or is one planned)? Right now, we don't have so many backtraces sent in to the main list, but who knows - if they were easier to generate then we might.

How would this work for Cygwin? Would we require all the lib.* packages to be rebuilt?

Dave.