Re: [RFC] calm, setup: per-version requires

Jon Turney writes:
> On 05/11/2017 07:34, Achim Gratz wrote:
>> With the possibility of having more than three versions in setup.ini and
>> per-version hint files, the need for per-version requires is getting
>> more urgent.  Currently the requires from the corresponding hint files
>
> Since it's been needed since ~2000, it could hardly be less urgent :)

I've been chasing a few extra packages that got pulled into my
installation that I didn't think should be pulled in.  These aren't very
many apparently, but unfortunately quite large ones are among them.

> Yeah, I guess we could generate requires: line in each version section
> now, and this might work with current setup.  I don't think this did
> anything useful prior to [1] being fixed.

Yes, and even though I think the parser would accept them they weren't
really expected anyway.

> The libsolv branch implements per-version '[dD]epends:' headers as per
> [2] (which may also contain a version relation)

I'd really prefer we'd come up with a solution that does not have us
repeat the common dependencies for each version present.

Regards,
Achim.