Re: [Attn. Maintainers] Perl 5.26.1

Am 29.09.2017 um 20:06 schrieb Yaakov Selkowitz:
On 2017-09-26 11:45, Achim Gratz wrote:
Aside from the obvious perl-* distribution packages, I've checked for
perl content in other packages and found these:
[...]
For future reference, there are more.

They were mostly subsumed in the above sentence. That these perl-* packages are captured inside other packages instead of free-stannding like other CPAN modules isn't making a difference to me.

The following are mine and are
ready for upload:

gnumeric

This is using Perl in a plugin, so it never touches the "official" Perl directories. I don't know how to check for uses of the perl DLL in package search, so I just looked for installations into the vendor library directories.

hexchat

ditto

openbabel

I don't find that even now that you said it... embedded perl?

rxvt-unicode

Now that you mention it, I seem to remmeber it has an embedded perl interpreter.

vim

Can't find it, embedded?

zbar

ditto

And the following which belong to others:

openldap

Can't find it.

texinfo

Installs under /usr/share/texinfo and seems to use captive Perl distributions, maybe we should change that (i.e. move perl-libintl-perl, perl-Text-Unidecode etc. to their own CPAN derived package).

weechat

Plugin/embedded.

znc

ditto

We seem to have more packages using embedded perl or plugins than I thought.

--
Achim.

(on the road :-)