Re: noarching source packages

On 03/05/2017 12:50, Ken Brown wrote:
On 5/1/2017 4:05 PM, Ken Brown wrote:
On 5/1/2017 3:57 PM, Achim Gratz wrote:
But the real problem is that besides our own stuff some upstream
sources
are archful.

Examples?

Last I looked, it was texlive.

This might go back to the time when biber was distributed as a packed
perl archive on x86 but not x86_64.

No, it was actually due to the existence of source files of the form

    <pkg>.<cpu>-cygwin.tar.xz.

But it was fixed a year ago.  See the discussion at

    https://sourceware.org/ml/cygwin-apps/2016-05/msg00049.html

and cygport commit 5c559d5ea49d69116d3073b68c8fb1e70522370a.

Interesting.

Anyhow, it seems that any cases of this we know of are bugs or mistakes.

We can always adopt the solution here, where the source package contains sources for both arches (ofc, if those are fundamentally different, there's a question as to in what sense they are the "same" package anyhow... :-))