Re: [ITP] man-italic

On 28/09/2016 20:46, Thomas Wolff wrote:
The man-italic wrapper scripts enable italic display in manual pages
(where italic is specified in the page) in terminals supporting italic
mode.

wget http://towo.net/cygwin/man-italic/man-italic-0.9-0.tar.bz2
wget http://towo.net/cygwin/man-italic/man-italic-0.9-src.tar.bz2
wget http://towo.net/cygwin/man-italic/setup.hint

This seems to have fallen through the cracks and been completely forgotten. Sorry about that.

Looking at this, I see that this is not a cygport package. While this is something which has been done historically, and I know it may seen overkill for something this small, it's something I'm very reluctant to see in new packages.

The license which applies to the original work here needs to be stated.

It would be helpful if the description clarified that what this does is "show italic text in man pages properly as italic, rather than as underlined"

That said, this works and is pretty cool. Nice!