Re: [ITP] FUSE 2.8

On Jul 23 18:33, Bill Zissimopoulos wrote:
> On 7/23/16, 10:48 AM, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>

> >So you quoted my knee-jerk reaction but missed to quote the *real* point
> >of my mail.  Fixed that for you:

> >>other.

> >>you
> >>exist,
> >>drivers.
> >
> >> I was planning to work for a solution for how to have multiple *-fuse
> >> packages coexist based on Marco’s great answer.
> >
> >Which is not the answer I'd expected since it completely ignores the
> >part about "talking to each other", "single FUSE concept" and
> >"collaboration".
>
> Corinna, I apologize to you and the list for not being on my best
> behavior. However…
>
> I *have* contributed to Dokany. Despite the fact that my own project is
> independent and not a Dokan fork (and has a completely different

This is one detail I missed here.  If this has been mentioned earlier
I apologise for not noticing it.  I was under the implression WinFsp and
dokany are from the same source code base,

> design/architecture), a couple of days ago I suggested on their mailing
> list that I would still work with them. The events of the last couple of
> days changed my mind.
>
> I work on my project(s) because I can and because I find that it is fun,
> even when I am debugging for 2 days why the LazyWriter hangs in some
> obscure kernel corner. If it gets too political it stops being fun. If I
> am forced to work on something I would rather not, it stops being fun too.
>
> I want to contribute to Cygwin, because I have been a user since the early
> 2000’s and because I cannot live on Windows without it. I thought I had
> something to contribute after all this time. Unfortunately it looks like
> the price of admission may be higher than I am willing to pay at this time.

As I said, I'm not going to refuse your package.  I was just pissed
about this discussion in conjunction with  my (now) obvious
misunderstanding that we're talking about two forks of the same code.

Please go ahead as planned,

Red Hat