Re: [Updated/New] Perl distributions

Jon Turney writes:
> I'm not sure setup.ini is the right format for that information, but
> yes, some kind of upload manifest would be good.

Well, it was a format we already know how to produce and consume and
delivers a good checksum for each file.  The other thing that's easily
used is hashdeep (formerly known as md5deep).  I have a private version
that can do SHA512 checksums as well, but upstream wants to solve that
problem in a different way (for over a year now).  I guess I could just
package that for Cygwin or we use an SHA256 checksum instead.  Of course
sha512sum also works, just needs to be wrapped into a findâ|xargs
invocation.

> This was actually in some early versions of calm, but it was kind of
> hard to fit in with the stateless design inherited from upset.
>
> Anyhow, it's on the TODO list for calm, so PTC or you can wait until I
> get around to it...

I don't think I'm going to provide patches for something in Pythonâ
:-)

Regards,
Achim.

Wavetables for the Terratec KOMPLEXER: