This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ACTION REQUIRED] ARCH=noarch uploads with cygport 0.22.0
- From: Yaakov Selkowitz <yselkowitz at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2016 10:16:41 -0500
- Subject: Re: [ACTION REQUIRED] ARCH=noarch uploads with cygport 0.22.0
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <9de6f042-3510-ef4c-9c2d-90f354244691 at cygwin dot com> <98b54865-bf28-2366-8972-d2cc00fa3b87 at cygwin dot com> <c9a71f5e-d763-d39b-95e8-995b4dccd1da at cornell dot edu> <14245563-b754-4421-744c-d0b3a457366a at cornell dot edu>
On 2016-06-06 18:59, Ken Brown wrote:
On 6/6/2016 6:39 PM, Ken Brown wrote:
On 6/6/2016 6:23 PM, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
Ken Brown _update-info-dir
This is obsolete and does nothing but require info, which is in Base
anyway. Nothing depends on it, so it could just be removed.
On second thought, maybe it should be kept around for a while, just to
make sure that people who had the previous version installed get it
Experience shows that people sometimes wait a VERY long time to update,
so I recommend keeping around upgrade helpers indefinitely.
And of course it can be moved to noarch.